Melissa Chinn graduated from the University of San Diego School of Law. She has been in the legal industry for nearly a decade, serving in a variety of positions including as a legal intern at the USD Appellate Clinic; a blogger at Mace Yampolsky and Associates, a criminal defense firm in Las Vegas, Nevada; a filing clerk at Garvey Schubert Barer, PC (now Foster Garvey, PC); and a criminal defense and family law intern at Oregon State University.
She joined Kauffman Kilberg LLC in 2017 as a full-time associate, after working at the firm in 2015 and 2016 as a summer associate.
Melissa focuses her practice on criminal defense, including financial crimes, capital cases, cases involving mental health issues, and other state and federal matters. She recently completed yoga teacher training and has incorporated the same grounding and mindfulness principles into her legal practice.
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Computer Crimes
- Fraud (Healthcare, Bank, Tax, Mail / Wire)
- Other Criminal Matters
- Civil Engagements
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 2017
- Oregon State University, B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude, 2010
- Member and YLS Membership Committee, Multnomah Bar Association
- Member, Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Oregon, 2017
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon, 2017